Father's Day Financial Tip: Put Your Kids To Work
Here's a Father's Day financial tip: Put your children to work.
Paying your kids to do regular chores can be a satisfying financial transaction for parents and brilliant financial aid to your children.
You can pay your son to mow the lawn every week this summer and compensate him by contributing up to $5500 to a Roth IRA in his name.
Or make your Father's Day special by asking your daughter to wash your car every week, babysit, tutor, care for an older family member or take on any number of other responsibilities. By converting an allowance to earned income, your children clean up financially and literally. Their Roth IRA grows tax free for 50 years.
And talk about gifts. The Standard & Poor's 500 stock index this past week climbed 1.6%, to a close on Friday of 2779.03 - just 3% from an all-time closing high of 2872.87 on January 26. The nine-year economic expansion - the second-longest in modern U.S. history - continues to show signs of sustainable growth.
Now, make your Father's Day special by getting your children working! Relax and have a great Father's Day!
This article was written by a veteran financial journalist. While the sources are believed to be reliable, the information is not intended to be used as financial advice without consulting a professional about your personal situation. Indices are unmanaged and not available for direct investment. Investments with higher return potential carry greater risk for loss. Past performance is not an indicator of your future results.
- Key Facts About Tariffs, Interest Rates, And Economic Strength
- Fed Chair Extends A Dovish Hand, Lifting Stocks
- S&P 500 Slid Last Week, As Earnings Growth Is Recalibrated
- Last Chance For Pre-Retired Professionals & Biz Owners
- Amid A Swirl Of Controversy, Fed Policy Remained Stable
- More Good Economic News On Friday
- Is Amazon Keeping The Inflation Rate Low?
- Analyzing The Market Correction
- This Week In Stocks And The Economy
- Analyzing The Risk Of Stocks After The 6.9% Drop
- Fed Chair: "We Remain In Extraordinary Times."
- With The S&P 500 Up 7.2% In 3Q18, What's Driving Stocks?
- Widespread Misinformation Follows Household Median Income Report
- Investment Wisdom At A Poignant Moment In History
- Good Economic Surprises Happening Now
- Economic Facts To Prepare For The Elections
- Another Member Of Music Royalty Dies With No Will
- Top 10 Indications The Economic Outlook Is Brighter Than Expected
- Wealth And Economic News This Week (2-Minute Read)
- 10 Things: New Education Tax Breaks For A Child Or Grandchild
- The Truth About U.S. GDP Growth
- Despite Distractions, Economic Data Boomed Last Week
- Protect Yourself Against Spearphishing
- Even The New York Times Gets Investment Facts Wrong Sometimes
2019 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
YOUR 2019 INVESTMENT STRATEGY
Saturday, March 16, 2019
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
South Pasadena Public Library Community Room**
1115 El Centro St.
South Pasadena, CA 91030
**This activity is not sponsored by the City of South Pasadena or the South Pasadena Public Library
YOUR 2019 INVESTMENT STRATEGY
Saturday, March 23, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Ken Nakaoka Center*
1670 W. 162nd St.,
Gardena, CA 90247
*not sponsored by the City of Gardena