Stocks Break New Record; Economic Outlook Clears
The Federal Reserve uninverted the yield curve and the economic horizon just turned brighter.
Despite the trade war with China, a shrinking U.S. manufacturing sector, and political uncertainty, the clouds threatening an end to the 10½-year old expansion have cleared.
As of Halloween, the financial world made sense again. This was no trick! All treat.
A short-term T-Bill, as of October 31st, 2019, paid less interest than a long-term T-Bond.
The restoration of financial logic indicates that investors worldwide believe the Fed reversed itself quick enough to avert causing a recession. The threat of a recession is over.
The Standard & Poor's 500 stock index, the main benchmark of current financial and economic conditions, closed the week at a new all-time high of 3,066.91.
This article was written by a veteran financial journalist based on data compiled and analyzed by independent economist, Fritz Meyer. While these are sources we believe to be reliable, the information is not intended to be used as financial or tax advice without consulting a professional about your personal situation. Tax laws are subject to change. Indices are unmanaged and not available for direct investment. Investments with higher return potential carry greater risk for loss. No one can predict the future of the stock market or any investment, and past performance is never a guarantee of your future results.
- Sizing Up Economic Prospects
- Two Good Economic Surprises
- October Surprise May Be The Economy
- Economic Signs Are Fine Amid The Distractions
- Poverty Rate Dropped Again In 2019; A Sign Of Progress
- Stocks Dropped Last Week But Data Confirmed Economic Recovery
- Amid A Mixed Week For Stocks, A Strong Recommendation
- Is A Stock Bubble Bursting?
- S&P 500 Breaks Record For A Second Week
- S&P 500 Breaks New Record; Small Business Picture Is Different
- As If Coronavirus Never Hit, Retail Recovers
- Confirming Recovery Is Under Way
- Despite Grim Headlines, Stocks Rose Sharply -- Why?
- The Paradigm Shift In Valuing Stocks
- Retail Sales And Housing Starts In June Reveal Recovery's Shape
- Keeping Perspective In An Unreal Environment
- Economic Fundamentals Recovering As Stocks Surged For the Week
- Stocks Swing Wildly As Economic Recovery Begins
- Dog Days Of Summer In The Economy
- V-Shaped But Full Recovery Is Long Off
- Covid-19 Causes A Good Surprise
- The Epidemic Sets The Economy Back About Two Years
- Is This A New Bull Market?
- The Pandemic And Stocks
Investing: What to expect in 2020
Saturday, January 25, 2020
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Ken Nakaoka Center*
1670 W. 162nd St.,
Gardena, CA 90247
*not sponsored by the City of Gardena
INVESTING DURING THE NEW NORMAL
Saturday, June 13, 2020
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
(Zoom link to be sent via email upon RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)